Monday, August 25, 2008

'If I Fall In Love, I’ll Declare It Myself’ - Anushka


Clad in blue jeans and a white shirt, it is easy to mistake Anuskha Shetty for just another pretty girl.

"I like to be comfortable," she explains and goes on to add, "I also make it a point to make others comfortable," which of course seems quite evident with the kind of bonhomie she creates –– be it remembering journos names or joking with them, or gently but firmly making it clear what she expects of them! Following rumours of her linkup with Gopi, we catch up with the Mangalorean yoga teacher-turned-actress to get it straight from the horse's mouth, only to find her too guarded.

Excerpts:

You have more hits than flops and seem to be the lucky one among the new crop of heroines.
I'm lucky in a way but I would attribute my performance to a combination of hard work, right choices and right breaks.

There's talk about you and Gopichand, doing the rounds
This is just gossip. Don't people who work together, be it in any industry, share rapport? I like to be comfortable and make others comfortable. It hurts when things like these are blown out of proportion. If I fall in love, I will declare it myself!

Is it true that you are into past life regression ? A doctor in the city claims that you had come to him for treatment for a breathing problem. It was during the sessions we hear that it was revealed that you were a dancer in your previous life and a bullock-cart accident in your previous life is the cause of your medical problem!
(Laughs) This again is gossip. I am not interested in my past life.

We've heard that Bharat Thakur is also into regression and that you were once his yoga student.
Yes, I have learnt yoga from Bharat Thakur, but I have no idea if he is into the past life business.

It is widely believed that you have been Nag Chaitanya's (Nagarjuna's son) yoga teacher and that was your entry ticket into Tollywood.
That again is a rumour. I really do not know where all these stories come from.

The posters of the recently released Baladoor shows you carrying Ravi Teja. Would you ascribe these feats to yoga?
No, I actually think Ravi Teja knew how to balance his body weight so that I could carry him! Actually it was an impromptu shot!

It was during the shooting of Baladoor that a junior artist died in an accident.
It was a traumatic time for the whole crew. During the entire shoot none of us discussed it.

Coming to work, you have three films, Chintakayala Ravi, Souryam and Arundhati, lined up for release. Which is the one you are looking forward to?
I play a dual role in Arundhati and there was good scope for acting, but since the film is yet to be released, I cannot reveal much about the character.

Actresses these days have no hang-ups about skin show, are you ready for a bikini?
I don't mind wearing a bikini if the role I am playing is substantial and the scene adds value to the storyline. If it is just for skin show then I am not ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment