Friday, December 5, 2008

Andamaina manasulo heroine Archana film career

In a span of two years, Archana has done two movies and appeared in several commercials, including one in which she appeared with Mahendra Singh Dhoni.

This small-town girl from Agra sure seems to be going places. “After my first Telugu film, Andamaina Manasulo, I did an art film in Hindi, Saancha — The Mould. I had to lose weight to play a 15-year-old girl in it. I was selected from among 200 girls. The movie has been selected for the Cannes and Dubai film festivals,” she says.

Circus will be Archana’s third film, but her first in Kannada. “I play Ganesh’s love interest in the film,” she says, adding that she never interacted much with the Golden Star during the shoot. “I’d heard a lot about him and his film, Mungaru Male. I was really happy to work with him. He’s very dedicated and I liked his professionalism. But Ganesh restricted himself to only hi and bye,” she says.

This upcoming actress loves everything about south Indian films. “I’ll soon sign a Tamil film opposite Dhanush,” says Archana, who’d also love to work with Surya. “I’ve watched his movie, Ghajini, with subtitles of course. He’s awesome,” she adds.
Coming from the north, how is she coping with so many different languages? “When I was shooting for Circus, I used to write the Kannada dialogues in Hindi and English. I’d usually use prompting, which helped me a lot. And I find Kannada the easiest of the southern languages to learn,” she says.

She moved to Mumbai one-and-a-half years ago and is now staying with her sister, Vandana, who’s also an actress. “Touchwood, I’m lucky. I haven’t faced any problems so far. But when I just started my career, people back home used to look down on me. But now the same crowd recognises me and says, ‘She’s our girl’,” says a triumphant Archana.

courtesy:TOI

No comments:

Post a Comment